Fasolakia ladera me patates (Oiled green beans with potatoes)

fasolakia with potatoes


Green Beans with Potatoes or 'Fasolakia me Patates' in Greek is a vegan village great. This recipe requires just a couple of basic fixings and makes an awesome dinner or side dish. 

Remember the time allotment the beans need to cook relies on upon your beans, as well as how delicate (or crunchy) you need them, so make certain to test them as this tasty dish is cooking.

Ingredients:

1 kg green beans 
3 large potatoes
1 big onion
3 ripe tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 heaped cup olive oil
1 carrot

Cut the edges off the green beans and slice each down the middle leaving the ends still connected. If your green beans are narrow, there’s no need to slit them down the middle. 


Peel the potatoes, green beans and carrots. Saute the onion with oil and pour in the process our vegetables and potatoes with a tablespoon of salt. Let them brown in a casserole over a low heat with the oil for 8-10 minutes, stir the oil to go into all the vegetables.
 
Dissolve the tomato paste in the crushed tomatoes and add to pot. Mix last. If you need to have the vegetables more
juicy, add some water. Reduce heat and let our food to cook. There again stir the food a bit in the pot.

If you enjoyed our recipe, you can try this with bacon, or watch here a video with another fasolakia with potatoes recipe, with wine this time:

2 comments:

  1. I have been eating this since my childhood. It's one of my favorite summer dishes. My mother used to add some garlic to these green beans, and with sliced potatoes, it had the perfect taste which I remember today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that my recipe arouse you pleasant memories about your childhood.

      Delete